Saturday, November 7, 2009

Here I Go Again

Photobucket

I am the first one to admit I can be a crybaby. I get emotional over tv shows, movies, heck even commercials. Right now, I am watching the tv show, "The Locator," and I'm teary eyed. I normally don't cry in my every day life. There's just something about sad tv shows, movies and the such that get to me. This episode shows a young woman wanting to find her father whom she hasn't seen since she was 12. This young woman has terminal cancer. My gosh, she's young, and she has four kids. Luckily, her father is found and they are reunited. I'm bawling like a baby.

I keep telling myself that crying at times like this is good for me. It's healthy to cry. It's not something to be ashamed of--no matter how much my boys and husband tease me about it. It relieves stress, releases toxins from the body and calms your soul.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. lol

That's also why I am so careful about what movies I watch. I am quite empathetic with the characters. I feel way too much. Yes, I know it's a movie, but I get into them. Especially if it's a good movie. I will stick to watching comedies. Those I can handle. I love to laugh and that also feels good.

I can watch sporting events and get emotional. Especially with the Olympics. Who didn't get teary eyed when the 1980s USA hockey team won? Huh? I dare you to deny it.



Go ahead, call me a crybaby. I can take it.

2 comments:

  1. I get tearful watching commercials (especially ones about cruelty to animals). I lost my Dad three weeks ago and all I have done is cry. I ought to take out stock in Puffs (with lotion), because I've used up about four boxes so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    "Some people make the world special just by being in it."

    Author Unknown

    I'm sure your father made the world special for you.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete