Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dreamy Christmas

Photobucket

Wandering around shopping one day, I happened to stumble upon a Thomas Kinkade gallery. I had heard of him before, but wasn't quite sure what the story was behind his artwork. I knew I sort of liked it, but it was way outside my budget. Yes, it's a bit smarmy, in my opinion, but also it's hopeful. It harkens back to a time some of us wish we could go--a simpler time, and a simpler life.

Okay, maybe just a dream life that is simpler. I would love to live in one of his paintings for just one Christmas. They always look like they are more enjoyable, softer, safer, sweeter and what Christmas should be like--perfect. Which, as many of us know, Christmas doesn't always work out that way.

Mine are usually pretty good, but I know if I lived in one of Thomas Kinkade's paintings it would be perfection.

What painting would you want to step into and live?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Norman Rockwell's Freedom from Want -- with all my relatives alive again--just for one more big, family, holiday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great painting! I can see why you'd want to be in it. Boy, that grabs at your heart.

    ReplyDelete