Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Texas Scenery

Photobucket

I love the funky scenery I've come across since we've moved to Texas. When friends and family heard we were moving to Texas they were shocked. "Why do you want to move to a place that only has rattlesnakes and tumbleweeds?" Well, I had to educate them that Texas has a lot more going for it. Yes, west Texas does have those things, but where we are--south central Texas--we have a bit more beauty, in my opinion.

Personally, we are living at the edge of what is called "Hill Country." It's lush, peaceful and always beautiful. Even in the drought we are experiencing, it's lovely. Deer are abundant and you can see many birds and butterflies.

The first thing I noticed when we moved here was all the stone. Not only could you see the stone cut along the roadway, it is used as major focal points in housing and retail sites. The photo above was one I took in a retail shopping center. Instead of removing the tree, the planners left it and utilized it in a unique way. I find it so funky, it's almost Zen to me. lol

I can handle living where it is hot, as long as it's pretty. That's always been my mantra. And it's pretty here.

Here are some photos I snagged off the Internet to show you all how gorgeous it is here. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Only narrow minded people think all of TX is desert. Yet even the desert has beauty.

    ReplyDelete